Be sure to make a very large batch of Gordon’s indulgent choc brownies - they went in a flash on the F Word
Makes approx 8
280g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa, broken into small pieces
280g unsalted butter, diced
3 large (or 4 medium) free range eggs, lightly beaten
280g caster sugar
2 vanilla pod - split open and seeds scraped out
125g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
85g milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
85g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
Extra butter for greasing the baking tin
1 x 23cm square baking tin, preferably non stick
How to make Gordon’s chocolate brownies
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Put the plain chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl, place over a pan of simmering water and allow melting. Stir until smooth and set aside to cool a little.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar together with the vanilla seeds until it forms a nice creamy froth. Lightly fold in the melted chocolate then sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix through gently. Stir in the chunks of milk and white chocolate.
4. Grease the baking tin with butter and then line with baking parchment or greaseproof paper. Carefully pour the chocolate mixture into the lined dish.
5. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The top should be firm and crispy but the inside should still be moist. Allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares and serving at room temperature.
When Japanese Twitter user @hy_s__ was asked by their mother if they wanted anything in particular for dinner, they replied “Totoro soba.” And that’s exactly what their mom made: a dish of tasty buckwheat soba noodles (on an incredibly cute plate) that looks just like a character from My Neighbor Totoro. Kawaii!